What You’ll Do
As the Yardi Support Specialist for Affordable Housing, you’ll be joining a small but productive non-profit affordable housing developer that is part of a larger social service organization. In this role you will help ensure the financial health and compliance of a mix of affordable housing projects that are largely financed with Low Income Housing Tax Credits, bond financing and various other governmental and non-governmental sources. You’ll work with the executive leadership of the affordable housing development and operations teams.
How You Fit In
You’ll be a critical member of the HELP permanent housing team. You’re comfortable learning, asking questions, multi-tasking, taking reasonable risks, and problem solving while working on projects in multiple states.
The Yardi Support Specialist will be responsible for coordinating system implementation and providing end-user support and training of all property management software applications used by the company. This position works closely with the finance team and IT to facilitate the
deployment and effective use of those applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate with IT to establish and manage roles and rights for all systems users.
• Coordinate set up for all new properties.
• Oversee system updates and participates in the testing, implementation
of, and the compliance with, technology related policies.
• Provide technical support for Yardi.
• Assist the permanent housing and corporate accounting personnel in the correction of posting errors on month-end closes & reports.
• Act as troubleshooter and solutions expert to recommend solutions to
streamline workflow processes and results.
• Create onboarding and continuing training for end-users in person or
remotely for property site personnel and financial staff including Yardi provided webinars and custom made trainings.
• Customize Yardi user interface and reports based on departmental
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
• Minimum 5-7 years experience working in a Yardi environment as an administrator
• Minimum 5-7 years experience with Yardi in a Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HUD programs and multi-family finance environment
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Have a passion for creating affordable housing and are willing to work on any and all tasks to complete that goal – from the mundane to the complex
• Strong written skills, analytical and thinking skills
• Be a creative problem solver capable of fostering cordial and professional relationships with team members from diverse disciplines
• Have a willingness to ask questions and learn new things and confidence to make suggestions
Who We Are
HELP USA was founded in 1986 and has since grown to become one of the largest builders and operators of transitional and low-income permanent housing in the region. To date, HELP USA has developed and/or operates more than 3,000 housing units across the country, which includes 34 residential projects in New York, New Jersey, Nevada, and Pennsylvania. HELP USA’s affiliate, HELP Development Corp. is responsible for securing and managing government funding and private financing for the agency’s low income and supportive housing projects.
We Have GREAT Benefits!
• Health insurance through Cigna, including dental and vision, with an option that covers entire family with NO employee contribution
• Generous Paid Time Off!
• 401k with Company contribution even if employee doesn’t contribute
• Tuition Reimbursement and Educational Achievement Awards for employees completing educational & certification milestones
• Remote working options
• And More!
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.